Friday 30 January 2015

Onwards & Upwards 2015. KateWhiteheadTextiles‬ © 2015 Kate

Happy new year...I have returned from my trips and travels to Paris & Amsterdam, visiting family and showing my textiles.  Back to creating new stock for this years' shows.  Fingers crossed my new website will be finished at the end of February that will (at last) include a shop for the bags, bracelets, kimonos and shawls that I've produced from rags and tatters with love and care.

Highlights of my trips were the Textile and Fashion Museum in Tilburg and the Museum of Decorative Art in Paris. If you get the chance, I'm sure you'd find them inspiring!


On a  more sombre  note, I passed through Iepers (Ypres), a town obliterated during WW1 and visited Anne Frank's home in Amsterdam. These places were as intriguing as they were harrowing. I am blessed to be experiencing this bitter weather and so much enjoying the slow appearance of spring.












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...